What you will do as MEAL Coordinator?
Tasks, Assignments and Descriptions will vary and be different from one organization , program or project to another.
Sample Tasks and Assignments
Job title: Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning Coordinator
Department: Program Quality, Evidence and Impact.
To provide leadership and coordination in Design, Monitoring, and Evaluation of The Organization The Region, projects, and program to ensure realization of THE ORGANIZATION strategy, in alignment with Our Promise.
Observe mission and core values of The Organization, and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others:
The MEAL coordinator will be the MEAL vocal person for all projects, and provide overall leadership to the state MEAL unit which is mandated to:
- Support strategy, implementation, monitoring, tracking and reporting.
- Formulate and implement program / project design. Monitoring and evaluation systems. To improve the quality of the Organization The Region Programs and projects, as guided by the national strategy and our promise.
- Quality assurance and impact in program through application of innovation and good practices. Provisioning of monitoring tools, capacity building and management.
- Maintaining compliance and accountability processes for all Quality assurance reports and dashboards in all The Region programs and projects.
The position holder will intentionally develop a second liner who will be able to take up this role in the future.
Position Objectives and Indicators:
|Objectives and Indicators||Time %|
|Lead strategy alignment on processes of designing the program, the grants and the special projects for The Region Program Coordinate for alignment for relevant technical project models from the national strategy. Ensure that all The Region Programs / Projects are developed and implemented in realization of The Organization Sudan National level goals and objectives. Support MEAL manager and technical specialist team to design framework and manuals for staff technical capacity building in relation to the approved strategy / Project models including effective integration of child protection. Peace building, ERDM, and advocacy in programming. Ensure that the internal feedback systems (audit, evaluation and review) recommendations for The Region programs / projects are adequately addressed and utilized to influence the design, the re-design of processes for quality ministry assurance. Support in the application of design Monitoring Evaluation (DME) tools according to partnership standards including learning through evaluation accountability and Planning (LEAP 3). Ensure the participation of sector technical experts (Grant Managers, Technical Specialists). Coordinate Technical support in projects advising logical framework development according to guidelines and templates.||30%|
|Provide leadership and oversight of the DME processes for monitoring The Organization The Region program / projects performance across the strategy. Ensure the quality of the DME processes and deliverables. Ensure that mainstreaming of the cross-cutting issues are integrated in DME processes as well as semi-annual / annual reports for The Region program / projects. Support in setup of MEAL systems using relevant technology to improve monitoring and evaluation reporting. Coordinate multi-year / annual planning and budgeting processes as well as semi-annual / annual reports for The Region Program / Project.Ensure DME standards are aligned to national office and regional guidelines. Ensure that the grant – complaint and output-focused monitoring system is designed for the strategy. Are implemented within the The Region program and projects. Ensure data quality for the ministry by conducting regular data audits.||30%|
|Strengthening the QA compliance within The Region program to meet internal and external partnership standards, policies and donors functional responsibilities.Design tools for monitoring and measuring indicators, in coordination with the MEAL manager. Support in standardization of quality assurance system processes for identifying and establishing priorities and opportunities as well as risk assessment. Lead the processes of data collection, analysis, and interpretation of data for The Region Program and Projects. Lead the processes of data collection, analysis, and interpretation of data for The Region Program and Projects. Deliver training and backstopping to The Region staff on tool application and data transmission processes. Support the process of ensuring that there is a clear understanding of structure, reporting lines, and responsibilities between divisions and teams for quality assurance. Support national office to improve visibility and influence at state, national and regional level.||10%|
|Reporting and direct mechanisms for follow-up the implementation of LEAP 3 standards, grant agreements and policies, and systemize good practices and lessons learned related to its application. Ensure the quality, timely, preparation, and submission of divisional strategic plan, annual operations plan, and budgets for The Region Program. Ensure the full and timely compliance of the program quality. Evidence and impact on all required organizational dashboards and indicators. Including Finance, P&C, etc. for The Region Program and Projects. Support MEAL manager to ensure reports on quality assurance are smart, accurate and timely. Participate in documentation of (re-) design and evaluation processes for The Region Program and Projects.Support the MEAL manager in consolidating and providing regular monitoring information to various stakeholders including country program director on quality assurance issues as functional leader.||10%|
|Team Performance Management: Lead the state MEAL officers for program execution as per approved strategy. Pursue meaningful opportunities of training and capacity building for state MEAL officers to enhance their skills in experience on MEAL, grant agreements, LEAP standards and policies. Provide inspiration and leadership to the state MEAL team to work as a united activity managing staff performance and ensure the staff JDs, contracts and performance reviews are up to date, and submitted in timely manner.||10%|
|Others: Collaborates with divisions and support offices to review and recommend changes to strengthen our current data and reporting system as needed and consultants’ agreements. Facilitate of state MEAL staff, and field level including volunteers in monitoring methodology and reporting. Ensure the stewardship and accountability of The Region Program Material and financial resources that are managed by the The Region Program material and financial resources that are managed by the program quality and strategy division including the donors’ resources entrusted to the The Region Program and Projects. Participate in special projects and perform additional tasks assigned.||10%|
|Achieving Capabilities||Proficiency Level 1 = Developing 2 = Proficient 3 = Advanced|
|Achieving Quality Results and Service|
|Practicing accountability and integrity|
|Communicating information effectively|
|Thinking clearly deeply and broadly|
|Understanding the humanitarian industry|
|Understanding the Organization mission and operation|
|Practicing innovation and chain|
|Demonstrating Christ-centered life and work|
|Learning for growth and development|
|Maintaining work / life balance|
|Building collaborative relationships|
|Practicing gender and cultural diversity|
|Influencing individuals and groups|
Other competencies / attributes:
- Perform other duties as required.
- The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior or on-job training:
- Minimum qualification required:
- Master Degree; Preferably in International Development, Public Health, Agricultural, economics or epidemiology or related area.
- Minimum of 5 years progressively work experience in M&E international development programming, with at least 3 years at managerial level and supervisory experience.
- Previous M&E experience in a non-profit, consulting or government agency in an international setting preferred.
- Successful track record in designing effective M&E strategies and systems, and following-up with quality implementation in the field.
- Successful leadership within a changing environment, and of working in multiple locations to deliver effective M&E in change.
Other technical skills and abilities:
- Excellent planning, research, and analytical skills, attention to details, and the ability to work cost-effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to purpose big picture visions as well as detailed implementation.
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Training delivery and development of interactive workshops.
- Proven leadership ability and collaborative approach to finding solutions, achieving quality work, and delivering outcomes and materials on time on a changing, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with professional contacts, resources, or / and networks and relate to people with sensitivity, tact, discretion and professionalism.
- Committed to the highest personal and professional entirety and ethics.
- Strong computer skills (Windows XP, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, databases and Internet).
- Ability to travel, and to travel often. Travel could be up-to 50% of the time, especially in the first year.
Working / Environment Conditions:
- Work Environment: Office based with frequent travel to the field.
- Travel: Ability to travel, and travel often. Travel could be up to 50% of the time, especially in the first year.
- On-Call: 10%.