Key Steps for Effective MEAL
Key steps for effective MEL:
- Create theory of change:
- Develop a “living” log-frame.
- Allocate sufficient budget and staff resources for MEL.
- Review program logic at program kickoff.
- Develop a complete MEL plan / system.
- Incorporate M&E into program work plans.
- Collect baseline data.
- Establish accountability mechanism.
- Track activities and conduct routine monitoring.
- Conduct regular, participatory, reflection meetings.
- Document and share updates.
- Conduct a final evaluation.
- Document, Discuss and share lessons learned.